This all time foolproof recipe of mine look way too awesome-licous delicious in pictures! Quite a hit on my instagram! A pretty popular dish serve in cafes in SG, people usually don’t realize that they are paying a insanely high price for something so cheap and easy that you can whip up and done at home in about less than 15 minutes! (excluding the prep, probably doable but who the hell need to cook this fast at home.)
This good friend of mine who don’t usually cook got this recipe from me and made it just yesterday! (Picture Below, her instagram) Not that I wanna dis her but, she’s someone who is only good in singing (she’s a singer) and she is able to do it! So I’m sure you guys or whoever is reading my blog WILL be able to do it too! GOOD EFFORT RUTH! (do check out her instagram/blog for her activities in various bars,pubs,bistro)
This recipe is pretty flexible, I added prawns in mine, you can even add sausages, meat or seafood to bring more depth to the flavors. But take note, make sure your seafood/meat/sausage is done at the right time when your egg is cooked.
Ingredients – 2 Servings – 20 minutes
- Olive Oil – 1-2 tbs
- Garlic – 2 cloves minced
- Onions – 1 whole diced
- Bell Peppers (optional) – 1/2 diced or strips
- Eggs – 3 to 4 depend on the size of your skillet (s)
- Prawns (optional/substitutable) 10-12 peeled
- Canned Diced Tomatoes – 1 can
- Fresh Tomatoes – 1 whole diced
- Tomato Puree/Sauce – 1 tbs (optional, enhance the taste)
- Cayenne – pinch of it (optional/add more if prefer more heat)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley – enough to garnish
- Toasted Bread – 4 Slices (goes well with flat-bread or tortillas)
- Heat the skillet with oilve oil in and saute onions till half soften then add in garlic, bell peppers and fresh diced tomatoes. Continue to saute until onions soften and fragrant.
- Add in canned tomatoes, cayenne and puree. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay in the prawns in the tomato base. Cover with a lid. After the underside of the prawns are cooked, flip your prawns over to cook the other side.
- Crack in the eggs after flipping, make sure there is a small gap in between eggs. cover with lid until the eggs are cooked. Take note, eggs should be of poached egg like texture. Indicators: once the eggs turn soft boiled white.
- Garnish with parsley, serve with toasted bread and its done!!!
I used a big skillet to do up the tomato base, transfer to 2 mini pan thereafter to cook my prawns and eggs for presentation purposes. You can cook yours in a big skillet/pan. Do try this foolproof pretty delicious recipe out!